In 2021 AIA CM will award scholarships in the amount of $500 to one(1) or two (2) deserving architecture students. Scholarship award funds will be credited to the winning students’ college account for tuition payment and/or educational material costs. The AIA CM Scholarship Awards Committee selects the recipients and will notify award winners by Wednesday, September 15, 2021.
· Students Apply by July 15
· Materials Due by August 15
· Award Status Notification by September 15
· Award Recipients will be featured in the AIA CM Newsletter plus receive an invitation to attend an AIA Central Massachusetts event program
Eligible applicants must be enrolled in a U.S. accredited school pursuing studies in architecture and meet at least one of the following requirements:
· A Massachusetts resident attending an accredited U.S. College of Architecture or a Technical School or Community College Architecture Program
· A student studying architecture full-time at a Massachusetts College or a Technical School or Community College Architecture Program AND a U.S. Resident
· Employed by a Firm based in Massachusetts AND attending an accredited US College of Architecture, technical school or community college architecture program
High school graduates who have been accepted to an NAAB accredited program or a Technical School or Community College Architecture Program for their freshman year are also eligible. Applicants must return to continue their professional studies in the academic year 2021-2022.
The student is required to provide the following materials:
1. A brief essay, describing their efforts and why they believe they should be selected. Please include your name and email address on each page.
2. One letter of faculty recommendation
How to Apply - 2-Step Process
On-line Application: No later than July 15
Required Materials: Submit to AIACMScholarships@gmail.com no later than Aug 15
· Email Subject Line must contain the student’s last name followed by type of material, e.g. SMITH_ESSAY, SMITH_RECOMMENDATION or SMITH_BOTH
· All materials should be in PDF Format
For Additional Information: ExecDirector@aiacm.org