AIA Central Massachusetts (AIA CM) is pleased to announce its Annual Scholarship Awards Program.
About the Scholarship Program
In 2020 AIA CM will award scholarships in the amount of $500 to two (2) deserving architecture students. The AIA CM Scholarship Awards Committee selects the recipients and will notify scholarship winners by December 11, 2020.
Scholarship award funds will be credited to the winning students’ college account for tuition payment and/or educational material costs.
- Student Application & Material Submission: December 8, 2020
- Award Status Notification: December 11, 2020
Eligible applicants must be enrolled in an accredited school pursuing studies in architecture and meet at least one of the following requirements:
· A Massachusetts resident attending an accredited U.S. School of Architecture
· A student attending an accredited Massachusetts School of Architecture & U.S. resident
· Employed by a Firm based in the State of Massachusetts
High school graduates who have been accepted to an NAAB accredited program for their freshman year are also eligible. Applicants must return to continue their professional studies in the academic year 2020-2021.
The student is required to provide the following materials:
1. A brief essay, describing their efforts and why they believe they should be selected
2. One Letter of Recommendation from a faculty member, mentor, professional or personal reference
How to Apply: 2-Step Process
1) On-line Application: Complete by December 8
2) Required Materials: Submit to AIACMScholarships@gmail.com by November 16 with a subject line containing student’s last name followed by type of material, e.g. SMITH_ESSAY, SMITH_RECOMMENDATION or SMITH_BOTH
For Additional Information: Contact ExecDirector@aiacm.org